Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My Life is a Mutal Selection Process!!!

So I am graduating in the Spring with my degree in Dietetics!!!(I am actually very sad to leave OSU and see all my friends go our separte ways ) After I graduate I have to do a 9-12 month internship in order to take the boards to become a registered dietetian. And if you don't get an internship, you can not take the board test :(..... Part of the internship process is ranking where you want to go and having the internship rank you high on their list....starting to sound familiar? So I am applying and visiting all of these places I would like to go for internships. Its all about the things I've done, the jobs I've had, the letters of reccommendations, ect ...  Aka INTERNSHIPS ARE TAKING OVER MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!  Anyways, I was in Baltimore this past week visting two internships I would love to go to when it hit me while I was sitting in the airport! This whole internship matching process is just like sorority recruitment...you try and go and visit these internships (like house tour round), then you submit your application(kind of like  the ICS creapy profiles we get of PNMS), maybe get an interview(Preference Round) then you wait.......unitl April for match day(BID DAY?)...I just find it kind of ironic that I could relate such an important life changing event to Greek Life...I guess they weren't kidding when they said that its sticks with you for a life time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment