I am really bummed about missing class this past week :(...I missed not seeing everyone , but here goes...
I really loved taking the personality quiz this past week. I really felt that it hit my personality on the head. It said that I was a communicater, woo, harmony, an includer, and I have discapline. I feel like they totally matched my personality to a tee!
As a communicater the strengths assessment said that I am a very good public speaker and good at planning events. It also said that I use metaphors and am good a getting peoples attention and keeping it. Its funny because all my friends say that I have all of these good one-liner comparisons. I also found the part about planning events ironic because I was my chapters internal social chair for a couple of quarters. I totally agree that communication is one of my better strengths.I feel that as we started to talk about recruitment senarios, this is one thing that I am going to use alot during the recruitment process. I feel that if I am able to explain things well, like each round, to the new women, hopefully it will help them choose a house easier and make the process less stressful for them.
I also think that through the recruitment process, my woo-skills will be put the test. Using my ability to learn people's name is a big componnent in making them feel comfortable. Its funny because all my friends joke that I am the friend that they can never let stray far from the group because I am always striking up a converstation with someone. This trait I feel with my includer skills, will be invaluable during the recruitment process. By remembering all of my grirls' names, it will hopefully make them feel at home and at ease with the recruitment process. With the woo-skill and the includer skills, all of senarios we talked about in class can help the PNM's feel included. My personal experience with the woo-skill is when I went through informal recruitment in the spring of my freshman year. I wanted to meet new people and I had no problem going to check out the sororities on my own.
I really feel that these are my three strongests personality traits that have made me the person I am. Through my pervious experience in my chapter on our invitations committe where I met multiple girls each round and not knowing what to expect walking into different chapters for COBS, I feel that I will be able to help my PNMs through formal.
No comments:
Post a Comment